Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Train of Thought


Every evening, my mind rides the train. Crowded with thoughts of all kinds, rushing by sitting there. Each one caught up in its own thoughts of itself. Crowded. Some won't move over for the new thoughts, so they have to stand, wait their turn for comfort.

I got this bad vibe, she didn't even want a seat. Just standing there basking in apprehension. Stared at her for awhile, but she didn't want to gave it back. Other thoughts got attracted to her, then lost in her. The train was clearing out.

Her gravity was strong. Rocking, rotating with the uneasiness of cowboy on the Rez. This idea served no real purpose, being a creation of the ego. But even illusions get respect, if they demand it.

After I snapped a picture, my attenion turns to other passengers. The bad vibe goes away. Sometimes I forget: the universe is mental.

Photo: officer in subway train car - taken w/ iPhone 3GS. Image adjusted using PS Mobile app. Microsoft Paint on my PC for black bar.